GOOD GRRRL BANDS - BAD BANANA
Although the original riot grrrls weren’t all about music, it was an important part of the subculture, so in that spirit, I’m hardly going to ignore it here especially when there is so much cool female-led music “out there”.
Enter Bad Banana aka the Crutchfield twins (don’t say Tegan and Sara) - previously of The Ackleys and P.S. Eliot (both also seriously worth your time) - and their album Crushfield (geddit?). My boyfriend found this online a couple of weeks ago and sent me a link ‘cause I love P.S. Eliot (as an aside, if you’re into P.S. Eliot’s Bike Wreck Demo then Crushfield is probably right up your proverbial street), and I’m really happy he did, because although there’s always going to be a touch of that wry Crutchfield charm wherever the sisters go, Bad Banana is a removal from their previous projects in so far as that the songs are a little less serious and a little more upbeat. I don’t know what else to say other than listen to this band/album if grainy girl pop is your thing because it ticks every box.
words by Loz!
- bigbanalvarado reblogged this from riotgrrrlsnotdead
- adel-morris reblogged this from riotgrrrlsnotdead
- whichtrex likes this
- loveandzombies likes this
- thyhallowedchaplin reblogged this from riotgrrrlsnotdead
- thyhallowedchaplin likes this
- pumpkinromanof reblogged this from riotgrrrlsnotdead
- elastic-western-eyelid likes this
- kurt-vonnecat likes this
- audreyallendale likes this
- riotgrrrlsnotdead posted this